Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Beauty Buys


  • I love my Real Techniques brushes so when I saw that they released a Beauty Blender-esq sponge for less than $10 I ordered one straight away. The Miracle Complexion Sponge gives your foundation an airbrushed finish. I roughly apply my Tinted Moisturiser with my brush and then press it in with the sponge. It's really good at covering up pores, just gotta remember to use it while it's damp.
  • I have used the original Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for about 1.5 years now but in summer it starts getting really annoying because it won't stay on without a good primer. Unfortunately my face cannot stand primers and starts losing its shit. So I thought I'd give the oil free one a go and it's perfect. Although it's about $20 more expensive than the original which is pretty lame.
  • I won the Redken Diamond Oil set from Primped and my hair loves it! I never bought expensive shampoo/conditioner because it seemed pointless but I think I'm going to be a shampoo snob now. Not a fan of the hair mask because my hair isn't dry enough for it, but the serum is awesome.
  • Whenever I'm in a crappy mood I go straight to Priceline, no idea why but it's just a (bad) habit now. I got sucked into all the Bioderma hype and tried out the Crealine H2O Cleanser & Make Up Remover. I like just going over it after I cleanse because there's always a tiny amount of makeup left and it doesn't irritate my face. But I don't think my makeup is ever heavy enough for me to fork out the $20 a bottle.
  • I have 5 bottles of red polish sitting on my shelf. A combination of "needing" a darker red and Priceline's 2 for $20 Essie sale, I picked out A-List. I think my 50 Shades of Red collection is now complete.
  • I only use moisturiser every now and then so I just went with a cheap Nivea face cream, which does the trick when my skin is having a crappy day

5 comments:

  1. I am super keen to hear what you think about the Laura Mercier oil-free as I've been contemplating it for ahem years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great purchases! Always been interested in the Laura Mercier TM as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! Thank God.
    I lol'd at 50 shades of red- I too, have embarked on the same expensive, ridiculous journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to priceline when I am in a crappy mood too haha! I was just in there earlier actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know when you try the RT sponge. I'm wondering if it's as good as the beauty blender.

    ReplyDelete